Molletes (pronounced moh-yeh-tehs) is a traditional Mexican toast. It is not only delicious but super easy to make! Start your morning with molletes, your favorite Kuali salsitas and some cafecito. You won’t be disappointed!
- Bolillo* (2)
- Butter (2 tablespoons)
- Ducal black refried beans*
- Queso Oaxaca* (1 cup)
- Kuali’s salsa macha and/or fresh salsa
*If you can’t find bolillo, substitute for your favorite French or Italian loaf of bread. The same goes for the Ducal black beans- use your favorite black beans. As for the cheese, any melting cheese will do.
Let’s make molletes:
- Place your comal on the stove and put it on medium heat
- Cut your bolillo in ½ and put some butter on the top
- Place the bolillo on the comal and let the bread toast on both sides
- Spread black beans on your bolillo and add shredded Oaxaca cheese to the top
- Lower the heat and place a lid over the bolillo on the comal to allow the cheese to melt
- Take your bolillo off the comal and drizzle Kuali salsa macha and/or any of our fresh salsas
Tip: to make molletes more filling you can also top them off with chorizo, soyrizo, scrambled eggs or pico de gallo. Be adventurous and add more than 1 salsa to your molletes.
Remember, there’s no rules with salsa.
¡Provecho! Tag us on Instagram @kualisalsa with your molletes.